COVID Safety Measures
COVID Precautions at Dr Pepper Park
- Additional hand washing stations at each event
- Guest temperature scans at the gate
- Touch free hand sanitizing stations throughout event space
- Our staff and volunteers will wear masks
- Guests are strongly encouraged to wear a mask. Must have on a mask if within 10′ of a guests not in your group or maintain 10′ of distance.
- COVID screening for all staff including temperature checks prior to working will be done prior to each employee’s or volunteer’s shift
- Our box office and will call will be opening 30 minutes earlier than normal to help allow for sufficient spacing (5:30pm for concerts, 11am for festivals)
- Touch free credit card payment option for tickets and beer/wine tickets (ATM is also on site)
- 10′ foot social distancing markers will be used at the front gate, bathrooms, beer ID station, beer tent, concessions and anywhere lines typically form
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all common touch areas
- Touch free bag checks at the front gate
- 2.3 acres outdoors and a limited capacity allows for ample space for guests to spread out
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is Dr Pepper Park?
A. Dr Pepper Park is inside the Bridges development on S. Jefferson Street near Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. See our directions / parking page for more information
Q. Where do we park for events at Dr Pepper Park?
A. For events we suggest parking at the Roanoke Memorial Hospital Riverwalk Garage and ride the shuttle sponsored by Downtown Roanoke Inc. to Dr Pepper Park. There is limited parking on site. For larger events we will add additional parking lots and garages available. Please check the page for the Facebook event page you’re interested in for parking information specific to that performance or festival.
Q. Where can I buy tickets?
A. We use the safe and secure service provided by etix.com. Visit our ticket page on etix to see all event listings.
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. All events are rain or shine. Please check the event Facebook page for any delays or schedule changes.
Q. Is there seating available?
A. There is no permanent seating at Dr Pepper Park.
Q. Can I bring a chair?
A. Please! Feel free to bring a lawn chair to enjoy our little piece of paradise. Just be careful not to bring any item that may obstruct the view of the stage for other patrons. Umbrellas, tents and other large items will not be permitted.
Q. Can I bring a cooler or backpack?
A. Coolers and backpacks are not allowed at Dr Pepper Park.
Q. Can I bring outside food and beverage into Dr Pepper Park?
A. Outside food and beverages are not allowed inside Dr Pepper Park. Bella Events will be at all events to provide food for concerts and concert series events.
Q. Do I need to bring cash or can I use a card to purchase items?
A. Cards can be used at the front gate to purchase tickets. Beer tickets are cash only. We have an ATM on site for your convenience.
Q. Can I re-enter Dr Pepper Park after leaving?
A. As a general rule you may not re-enter after leaving the facility. This policy may be changed based on our emergency plan in the case of severe weather.
Food and Beverage:
Dr Pepper Park does not allow outside food or beverages. Alcohol may not be consumed on the Bridges property except within the designated event space and only alcoholic beverages purchased from our concession area will be allowed inside the event space. Those who violate this policy will be removed from the facility without refund of ticket price.
Each event will offer food from Domino’s, Tinker Mountain Kettle Corn, and Bella Events Catering consisting of two rotating menu items. Wonder what is for dinner? Check our FaceBook page for each event and we will publish the menu.
Children are welcome at most events. Children 3 and under may be admitted for free to certain events and festivals. Specific events may have other policies regarding ticket prices and ages. Some events may be 21 and up and therefor children will not be permitted at Dr Pepper Park. Please refer to the Facebook event web page before planning to bring your children to an event.
Dogs are allowed at most events. There may be some exceptions and if there are that information will be posted on the Facebook event page.
Cameras and Recording Devices:
As a general rule, no professional cameras or recording devices of any kind are permitted inside Dr Pepper Park. This is subject to change on an event-by-event basis. Small personal cameras (non-professional) are permitted for certain events.
Guests interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the event may be subject to ejection. Guests using foul or abusive language or inappropriate or unacceptable gestures may be ejected from Dr Pepper Park. Guests appearing impaired may be ejected from the Dr Pepper Park and turned over to the authorities.
Parking Area Conduct:
Dr Pepper Park has agreements with Carilion to use some of their parking areas. If you are parking inside one of their parking garages or on a Carilion owned parking lot you must obey their policies. These policies include, but are not limited to, no smoking and no drinking on premises. These Carilion owned lots and garages are monitored by 24 hour video surveillance and security personnel before and after events. They are also monitored by Carilion Police.
Postponed / Cancelled Shows:
If a show is postponed, the new date will be noted on the website and the Facebook event page pertaining to that concert or event. All tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date. Refunds will be available within 30 days of the postponement announcement.
Should a show be cancelled, it will be noted on the website and the Facebook event page pertaining to that concert or event. Refunds will be available from point of purchase. Tickets purchased via credit card (whether online, in person or via phone) will automatically be refunded to the card you used to purchase tickets within 30 business days of the cancellation announcement.
For any refund requests, please email Info@DrPepperPark.com provide your name, order #, and email you used to make your purchase.
The following is a general list of prohibited items at Dr Pepper Park.
- Aerosol cans
- Flyers and hand outs
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Bota bags or wine skins
- Bullhorns, air horns, or noise makers
- Cameras or recording devices (varies by event)
- Helium Balloons
- Glass bottles or aluminum cans, ice chests (coolers) or thermos containers
- Laser pointers
- Outside food or beverage
- Skateboards or roller blades
- Sticks or clubs (including signs attached to sticks)
- Water bottles or mugs
- Management reserves the right to ban any additional items at their discretion.